Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Working Artist Findings

While getting started today on a 24x30inch painting, I was greatly disappointed with the loose canvas. To save time, I buy high quality canvases. However, as I started with the under painting today, I found the canvas to be very floppy.   What do you do?   Return the used canvas, throw it out, paint anyways and look like you use cheap materials?

Well Lacking quality is never an option for me. Returning the canvas seemed like such a hassle and throwing the canvas out was not an option either.

My solution was to gesso the back side of the canvas.... Although I started with creating x's all over... I did end up putting gesso on the entire back side.  That did the trick and tightened the canvas right up leaving the perfect sound the canvas makes when you knock on it.

Now my canvas is useable, good quality and the painting can be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment